The alarm will come with 2 AA batteries. When using it for the first time, pull out the insulating sheet next to the battery, and the product can be used normally after tens of seconds of preheating.
This does NOT mean that the alarm is malfunctioning, it is a normal phenomenon. When the alarm is warming up, all the icons in the LCD screen will light up, including the battery icon. The battery icon here is only an icon and does NOT indicate the remaining power.
When you load a fully charged battery, the green LED of the alarm will flash once every 33 seconds, indicating that the environment is safe (carbon monoxide is not detected) and the battery is sufficient. When the battery power is low, the yellow LED of the alarm will flash once every 33 seconds, and the buzzer will chirp once, and the LCD screen will display "Lb", indicating that the power is low and the battery needs to be replaced.
1. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless and highly toxic. For your safety, please do not make carbon monoxide to test equipment by yourself!
2. We recommend that you use our Test function to test the device. After installing the battery on the device (the device will warm up for tens of seconds), press the Test button, and you will hear a Chirp sound, which means that the alarm is working normally. If it does not sound, it may be an internal failure of the alarm, you can contact https://www.meross.com/support/Email_Support.